AN INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT

From my 1880s meditation book: "When we do our work in the great present...we are like to Him with whom there is no past or future...We walk without fear, full of hope and courage and strength to do His will, waiting for the endless good which He is always giving as fast as He can get us able to take it in." G. Mc Donald .....sent by 12 Step Jan
To our Readers: If you would like to share an inspirational thought or a saying that perked your ears at a meeting and helped your recovery, please send it to hngbook@gmail.com .

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"When Times Get Tough"

It has been a week now since my surgery on my knee for a torn miniscus. Recovery isn't going like I anticipated. There aren't any problems other than I am impatient. Typical Alcoholic thinking . . . I thought I'd be better than I am. How bad could arthroscopic surgery be? Three little 1/2" incisions? I am trying to work my program but must admit I am struggling. I have a group of my AA women friends coming to the house tomorrow for a meeting. I am in a lot of pain but am using my pain medication sparingly. Trying to do it with Tylenol rather than the Percoset that was prescribed. I never had been addicted to prescription drugs and don't want to start now. I keep telling myself that this too shall pass. I am trying to work the 1st step with this for I am definitely am "powerless". Being laid up is not good for this Alcoholic. Gives me too much time to think. It is too easy for me to slip into "stinking thinking". I need to turn this all over to the God of my understanding and let him work things out. Well, thanks alot and I am going to get back to taking it "one day at a time." Maybe 5 minutes at a time.

No comments: