AN INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT

From my 1880s meditation book: "When we do our work in the great present...we are like to Him with whom there is no past or future...We walk without fear, full of hope and courage and strength to do His will, waiting for the endless good which He is always giving as fast as He can get us able to take it in." G. Mc Donald .....sent by 12 Step Jan
To our Readers: If you would like to share an inspirational thought or a saying that perked your ears at a meeting and helped your recovery, please send it to hngbook@gmail.com .

Monday, July 27, 2009

Missing Meetings

I am very fortunate with AA meetings. There are about 300 in my driving range, so I'm told, and if I need to miss one of my regulars, dozens more are available. I'm almost anxious to get to my women's group tonight, because it has been more than a week since I've made a meeting.

The last time I went this long is maybe never.
So, guess what's happening to my stress level...

The desire to drink isn't present, and I talk to others in recovery every day; I even work with one. But, boy, it is not the same program for me. Something most helpful happens to my body, mind and spirit when I am in an AA meeting, even when my brain wanders or says the topic isn't for me.

This alcoholic hasn't a clue how some people "do this" without meetings, and she doesn't want to find out.

2 comments:

verge 'n michael said...

At Meetings, new people remind me of how it used to be and what I do not want to go back to. And at meetings I observe from people who have been around for a while or even a long time that joyful sobriety is an ongoing project reinforced by meetings.

kathies said...

This morning I feel back on track.
Wonder if getting to a couple of AA meetings could possibly have anything to do with this...