AN INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT

From my 1880s meditation book: "When we do our work in the great present...we are like to Him with whom there is no past or future...We walk without fear, full of hope and courage and strength to do His will, waiting for the endless good which He is always giving as fast as He can get us able to take it in." G. Mc Donald .....sent by 12 Step Jan
To our Readers: If you would like to share an inspirational thought or a saying that perked your ears at a meeting and helped your recovery, please send it to hngbook@gmail.com .

Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Toolbox

I watched this little cutie several minutes before aiming my camera through the front windshield. A dear program friend and I were exploring the North Rim a few Octobers ago. It snowed throughout the day, and I was sitting in our suv waiting for Martha to tromp out of the trees and join me. Several bluebirds were working the area, but this one sat still, all fluffed up in the chill.
Now then, to the here and present moment. I'm asking for gifts (and please don't bother wrapping them). My AA toolbox has quite a few nifty and simple-to- use things in it, but I definitely have room for more. AND, I want some help polishing the old standbys. So...what is your favorite, most worn tool for living life on life's terms, especially these holiday season terms we're facing? You know the one; even when maybe you can't pull it out all the time, you definitely know the one.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Love the bluebird photo! I believe just being in the moment is my best tool. It often gets left in the tool box until something strikes me as beautiful, such as the pretty but chilly looking tweet. This little tale makes me smile. Thanks.