AN INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT

From my 1880s meditation book: "When we do our work in the great present...we are like to Him with whom there is no past or future...We walk without fear, full of hope and courage and strength to do His will, waiting for the endless good which He is always giving as fast as He can get us able to take it in." G. Mc Donald .....sent by 12 Step Jan
To our Readers: If you would like to share an inspirational thought or a saying that perked your ears at a meeting and helped your recovery, please send it to hngbook@gmail.com .

Friday, February 13, 2009

One Day At A Time

I am so thankful for the AA program and the 12 steps. It was difficult to me to live one-day-a time when I first came to the program. And, at times, I still have difficulty with it. Even after 34 years. Today, I am able to live in the present moment enough that I have peace and serenity in my life. But, there is the temptation to look back at the past and worry about the future. Especially in stressful times when my emotional balance is off. But, then I remember that the God of my understanding is in the present moment and if I stay there He will be with me and I "will soon realize God is doing for me what I couldn't do for myself."

1 comment:

kathies said...

I am grateful for the AA program, too, Sandy, and look forward to blogging with hootngin. kathie s