AN INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT

From my 1880s meditation book: "When we do our work in the great present...we are like to Him with whom there is no past or future...We walk without fear, full of hope and courage and strength to do His will, waiting for the endless good which He is always giving as fast as He can get us able to take it in." G. Mc Donald .....sent by 12 Step Jan
To our Readers: If you would like to share an inspirational thought or a saying that perked your ears at a meeting and helped your recovery, please send it to hngbook@gmail.com .

Friday, April 17, 2009

Accepting Life On Life's Terms

Sometimes life presents us with situations that challenge us. On April 8th I left Tucson, AZ for my trip home. I had been having problems with my knee and I didn't know how I was going to make the trip cross-country because I was in so much pain. I met good AA friends, my sponsor, in Anthem, AZ for coffee. Right across the way was an Urgent Care Center. I figured I had had enough denial and made the decision to go, with my sponsor, and see about my knee. I knew they couldn't do much being what it is. They did give me enough pain medication to get me home along with an anti-inflammatory. Monday I see my Othoped. My knee hasn't changed so it will be interesting what he will say. My worst fear is that I will need surgery. If so, I must step up to the plate putting denial aside and do what needs to be done.
On Monday while in Springfield, MO I got sick with intestinal problems and wound up in another Urgent Care facility. It has taken until today, Friday, for me to totally recover. Putting my denial aside, I finally got in the flow of my life journey and accepted life on life's terms. Even with these challenges things just flowed and I didn't get all whigged out about these situations. So, I guess I have learned something at the tables over the many years I have been in the program.
A JOKE! AN ALCOHOLIC CAN JUST GO JOIN AA BUT AN AL-ANON HAS TO KNOW SOMEONE TO GET IN.

No comments: