AN INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT

From my 1880s meditation book: "When we do our work in the great present...we are like to Him with whom there is no past or future...We walk without fear, full of hope and courage and strength to do His will, waiting for the endless good which He is always giving as fast as He can get us able to take it in." G. Mc Donald .....sent by 12 Step Jan
To our Readers: If you would like to share an inspirational thought or a saying that perked your ears at a meeting and helped your recovery, please send it to hngbook@gmail.com .

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Happy Valley

Happy Valley Falls has been a favorite day trip for me for several years. I hope to hike to it at least once this spring, before the hot weather sets in. It's located on a country dirt road a few miles from Benson, Arizona.

Now then, my garden is generally doing great, except for the beautiful potato plants that have clusters of buds that have just been sitting there for nearly two weeks; they're not opening. Hmmm....

How come when something like that happens to my plans, I at first try to find the "reason" and fix it, but fairly quickly turn it over as another life mystery, hoping for what I want, but not losing any sleep, because I can't control the situation. If I could react this serenely to the things that happen to ME on a fairly regular basis, I'd be "in the catbird's seat" instead of wasting precious time fretting. The sun did exactly what I wanted it to today, without any help from me. Nice, eh?

No comments: