AN INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT

From my 1880s meditation book: "When we do our work in the great present...we are like to Him with whom there is no past or future...We walk without fear, full of hope and courage and strength to do His will, waiting for the endless good which He is always giving as fast as He can get us able to take it in." G. Mc Donald .....sent by 12 Step Jan
To our Readers: If you would like to share an inspirational thought or a saying that perked your ears at a meeting and helped your recovery, please send it to hngbook@gmail.com .

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Who says there's no meeting bank?????

I had major surgery a few days ago. The Doctor removed a joint implant the was put in about a year and a half ago. Go figure that an alcoholic would have an allergic reaction to the material! So aside from the pain factor I was told I'd have to be non weight bearing for the next 4 weeks. I hate crutches.
I'm one of those who are blessed to be able to get to at least one meeting every day. When I was working I only made about 5 a week. I look at meetings as my gas station. I fill up as often as possible. If I can't get to one at least I know my tank is pretty full.
Till today it had been 4 whole days since I'd been to a meeting. Thankfully I had been making regular deposits in my meeting bank so I was able to draw on those to keep my sanity. When my friend Helen picked me up today I hobbled out to the car,into the meeting and refilled.
I firmly believe that I have a meeting bank and never know which meeting will carry me through that rough spot so I better keep going to as many as I can.
PS. Since it's gratitude month Thanks to All of my fellow Alcoholics for keeping me sober One Day At A Time
Have a Happy Thanksgiving

1 comment:

verge 'n michael said...

I have found the same draw on my bank this week of surgery worked, too. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful especially this Gratitude Month. Verge